I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Monday, June 23, 2008

The pool

First remove fence panel behind the shop and get one yard of sand.

Replace fence panel and instruct eldest son to level layed sand while eldest daughter looks on.

Lay down black plastic for weed control.

Lay down what everyone has been waiting for.

Fill top tube with air. Notice the swimsuits in anticipation?

Find three really cute kids and have them push out the wrinkles while starting the hose. (Really Daddy did a lot of the work, I just didn't catch him in very many pictures. Coincidence? I think not.)

Seven short hours of filling the pool later and you have a plan for summer.

It was the best 30 minutes of freezing cold water they have ever experienced.


That was until a certain little guy was grounded due to climbing in and out every two minutes with sandy feet. Oh well. You can't have it all. It will get warmer little man.

Expect many more swimming pictures in the near future since I am sure we will spending a lot of time there this summer.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

LOOKS LIKE TONS OF FUN, CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEIGHBOR KIDS TO BE INVITED, HEHE ;)