I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Today...

I miss her.

I watch my children and I miss her.

She was only ten days old but her impact is never ending and profound.

The miracle was that she lived.

If you have speakers turn them on and listen to the song that is playing.

He never promised that it would be painless, only that He would hold me while I cry.

This is what it means to be held...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tears for you, then and now, Angie.

Anonymous said...

Dear Olivia,
I miss you, too. So...I went home and held Grandma in my arms and we danced for you. See you later.
Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness. I was just going to leave a comment letting you know that that song makes me think of my Katy, too. But your Daddy's comment was too much for me and now I'm cryin'!!!

I remember when my Katy went to be with Jesus, sometimes my parents' grief was harder for me to deal with than my own. I was surprised by how much they hurt.

You have a talent, Angie. You're a good writer. Sometimes the way you turn a phrase is just right, and it makes me glad I stopped in to read.

heartchild said...

I appreciate that Pam. It means a lot to have family care so much.

Lori - you are so kind. Thank you so much for saying so.

Dad - Well I don't think I need to say. You know...Ang