I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Update

I have been decidely absent from my blog this week and so I thought an update was in order.

We are having a graduation celebration for my 45 year old sister-in-law with approximately 80 of her closest friends and family. She is getting her degree from a local university. In a moment of weakness I offered to plan it. What was I thinking?

No, really it is going to be a lot of fun, it is just time consuming. Various members of the family have taken lots of tasks to help out. I couldn't do this without them. Lots of food, music and catching up with a lot of old friends. We decided to have it a park that has a covered wood table 93 feet long made from one tree. Impressive really. It sits next to an outdoor kitchen with bathrooms on the backside, important features for this momma of 5. Thunder and lightning woke me this morning but the sun is now moving in. I hope it stays.

I'll post some pics tomorrow and let you know how it went.

No comments: