I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Why I have a second fridge


Where else would I keep 6 dozen extra eggs, 5 lbs shredded cheese, extra soda and milk? Not to mention how handy it is when hosting a big meal or defrosting a ham or turkey. I have been known (pre second fridge of course) to store my salads at Thanksgiving on the back porch. It is cold enough. This option is a little better though. It seems more hospitable to ask a guest to retrieve said salads from the extra fridge rather than the back porch. This option also keeps all of the extras out of the daily rotation. It really brings a smile to my face to open this fridge. Weird you say? Maybe a little but it is so nice to know that I don't have to run out to the store for every little thing that I have just run out of. It stays clean too. Our schoolroom shares the garage with this fridge so it's nice for the kids to get a juice or bottled water from time to time in the same room. It helps keep us focused and not running back and forth. Ok enough about the fridge. Get back to work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember back when we had only one fridge? Oh, how did we ever survive???
Your Grandpa and Grandma didn't have a fridge when they lived in Montana back in WWII.They stored their perishables in the stream that ran behind the apartment over garage they lived in...'course, the bears kinda liked that fridge too!
Then there's your Mom...growing up in a farm house in the outback of Canada without indoor plumbing. They must have raised retarded children without computers back then...oh how did they survive? :o)