I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

What do you want to be when you grow up?


Oldest daughter: Professional Women's Basketball Player
Oldest son: NFL runningback
Middle daughter: Travel around the world on horseback
Next daughter: Doggie daycare
Youngest son: Football coach cuz I want to say hike

I love asking this question every once in awhile. You never know what they have picked up here and there. Plus as their mom I want to encourage them in interests they have and help direct them in any way that I can. This time the doggie daycare and horseback were the biggest surprises. As far as the doggie daycare goes we don't even do kid daycare. Where did she come up with that? Around the world on horseback? How do you train for that? The logisitics are daunting at best.

Ahhh to be young and have your whole life ahead of you. So many directions to go, so many options. I can't wait to see what the future holds but for now I will just enjoy getting a glimpse into their thinking. You never know what tomorrow holds so I am going to stop today and listen, chances are I might see or hear something amazing today.

No comments: