I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Friday, February 8, 2008

Kefir

Kefir is our newest discovery. Weird name don't you think? It's basically yogurt on steriods. It is fermented. Makes your mouth water right? It really is like drinking yogurt and it is mixed with milk so it has a milkshake consistency. The kids and I drank vanilla kefir tonight. Hubby made a strawberry smoothie with it. The 3 youngest liked it straight but daddy and the older 2 preferred the smoothie. I see many more smoothies in our future. It is quite good for you. It boosts your immune system, helps with digestion tract issues and helps with eczema. Hubby and youngest daughter deal with eczema from time to time. Just found out while doing research that eczema can be caused by low intestinal flora, something Kefir corrects. It's not the cheapest thing around but we are looking into making it ourselves. You can buy kits to make it and it's about 70% less and that is very affordable. Besides, what price would you pay for good health?

I'll keep you posted on the results. I bet you'll be waiting with baited breath.

No comments: