I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Here we go again

Last year we emptied the kids rooms in what we lovingly refer to as "The reclaiming of the kids' rooms '09". We recently just moved the boys back to their old room and I had some stellar mother moments during that process. I will spare you the details but please trust me, it was ugly. Wow, boys. Just sayin'.

Today we are in the midst of working on the room that belongs to our girls. It amazes me what gets collected, stored or shoved here and there. No amount of reminding them of the work that will come if the room is bursting at the seams again seems to help. Every. Single. Item. Is. Precious.

Sigh. I will be one happy camper when this garage sale is over in a few weeks. We have been removing more from this house than ever before. I am hoping to wave the flag of victory over clutter sometime in May. I will enjoy it while it lasts because I did not just fall off the turnip truck. I am well aware that same flag could be seen at half mast come June 1st. Wish me luck.

No comments: