I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Discoveries of the Day

I am participating with Storing Up Treasures today with her Discoveries of the Day. It's really more from the last while but I agree with Courtney that Discoveries of the Day has a better ring to it. Here we go...the last while I...

  • Discovered a brand of cookies that only has 6 grams of sugar each so I can have one.
  • Discovered that it is difficult to have just one of said cookies.
  • Discovered a love for design blogs.
  • Discovered I should limit my time on design blogs to keep a lid on all of the coveting.
  • Discovered that when people are unhappy with me it very often has very little to actually do with me.
  • Discovered that I would like to own a Kindle.
  • Discovered I spend too much time on the computer. (Well, really more of a last few months kind of thing but coming to terms with it recently. Wink. )
  • Discovered that I can have half of an Almond Joy.
  • Discovered that I think about chocolate too often.
  • Discovered that though I miss the chubby cheeks of my kids being little that I also am really enjoying getting to know them as they grow up.
  • Discovered that I actually won't miss out on anything if I shut everything down and go to sleep at a reasonable hour.
  • Discovered that my husband loves museums. Who knew?
  • Discovered that I would not make a good sisterwife. I do not share well with others. (Ok, not a new discovery, more of an acknowledgement really. And for the record I do like to share, just not my husband, thankyouverymuch.)
  • Discovered that even though I think I can't love my kids and husband more, they and my heart surprise me and I actually do more every day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your discoveries!

TJ said...

I am soooo with you on the whole sister wife thing. *nods* I don't like sharing my man either.

samantha said...

It's always fun to look back and realize what we have discovered. I have also realized I could never be a sisterwife (but I do enjoy watching the show ;)