I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Playoffs

I am really proud of this kid. It's his fifth year of football and he loves it. He works hard and he's good at it. The team is 6-1 for the season and they are headed into playoffs this weekend. Last year they weren't able to win one single game so this year's hard work has paid off.

He had a personal record a couple weeks ago scoring four touchdowns and rushing for more than 220 yards. The icing on the cake was that Grandpa and Grandma got to be there to see it. He is very strong, so much so that often when he is tackled he drags the defenders with him for another few yards. I'm not just saying that because he is my son, other parents tell me it really is amazing to watch. (I tend to agree partial as I may be.) The season is almost over and to be honest I am ready to be less busy. I would be remiss, however, if I didn't say that I would miss watching this guy play every weekend.

1 comment:

Grandpa said...

Run Bubba, run! Blow 'em up!!