I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

A house full of readers


We are now officially a house full of readers. I have read to and worked with all of my kids since they all joined our family. Then as each one reached school age I handed over the reigns to the schools to finish the job of teaching our children to read. Our youngest is the first one that I have actually taught to read. He is just beginning his reading journey but it is pretty satisfying to see him sounding out words knowing that I helped him learn that skill. He was proud to show off his new skill to Daddy the other night before bed. Also, during free time, he has started making lists of things in his little notebook sounding out the letters. Things like trcee for turkey and Dnl for his Uncle Daniel. Pretty fabulous if you ask me.

No comments: