I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's that time of year again.

I love hanging clothing out on the line. I know to some it seems primitive or time consuming. For me, however, it is very relaxing. Aside from the garden, most of the work I do at home is indoors. Doing the slow and methodical job of hanging out the clothes outside is therapeutic somehow.

I pray, think and plan, decompress or sort things out. Add to that the benefit of money saved and less wear on the clothing and linens and you have worthwhile summer chore. I can do this for only 3-4 months a year where we live and I look forward to it every year. I suppose it might lose it's luster if I could do it all year round. But this way, it is something different from the norm, something simple and something very enjoyable.

I run out of clothespins by the time I get to the socks so the deck works just as well. I do go out and flip them to dry the other side at some point. You would think there wouldn't be so many socks to wash in the summer but we are in the Pacific Northwest and with seven people, well, you do the math. That's a lot of socks no matter what time of year it is.

No comments: