I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Today I...

sat in the garden in the sun and weeded for over an hour.

listened to the water from the soaker hose hit the tomato tent and pretended it was the roar of the ocean.

watched my kids play in the pool.

sat with my guy while we visited and laughed.

re-planted most of all our green and red peppers.

did laundry. (Dirty clothes don't recognize Sundays as a day off.)

prayed about some hard stuff.

ran errands with my oldest girl and had a great time enjoying the person she is becoming.

missed my oldest son who was having a great time with his aunt and uncle.

got to see one of my sisters.

missed my oldest daughter who left to spend time with her cousin.

worked on plans for a party.

got two spontaneous hugs from my middle girl because she just felt like it.

told my husband how much it means to me that he appreciates and gives me the freedom to be who I am.

made pico de gallo and guacamole for the first of what will be about a gazillion times this summer.

ordered a new camera.

got a sunburn.

read two books and sang a lullaby to my two youngest before I sent them off to bed.

thanked God for the place he has me right now.

Today I enjoyed my life.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Way cool!