I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

On my mind

Random train of thought when I should be sleeping. I hope you can stand the craziness.

What's with the weather this year? Only 8 quarts of pickles instead of 75. Tomatoes are coming off so slow. There was enough going on that less canning was welcome, though. God knows.

The beef is at the butcher. Soups and steaks and roasts. I love soup in the winter. Pumpkin soup in Haiti. Mmm, wish I could make it like they do.

Now I'm hungry.

Breakfast. What I am going to make for breakfast? I am tired of coming up with breakfast foods. Time to meal plan those too I suppose.

I cannot wait for the twins to get their birthday presents this year. Fits them perfectly and they will be thrilled.

Oldest didn't think her and I had anything in common. Thought I hated shopping and shoes. How did she misinterpret not being able to afford it with not liking to do it? Love how her dad set her straight pointing out how alike we are and how she has been relating to me since. She is going to love her birthday this year.

Second oldest is dealing with some heartbreak. So grateful he has his dad to lament with and relate to.

Youngest three still think I walk on water.

Love how capable my hub is and how the family room looks now. My inner Mallory can rest.

For now.

I love brown and white with shades of blue. Living room maybe?

No rest for the decorated weary.

Whatever happened to the chocolate Special K?

Now I'm hungry again.

No comments: