I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Monday, September 14, 2009

School Kickoff

We are kicking off the start of school this week. Today we are finishing up laundry and some school organization and I took the kids to get cherry Icees to celebrate a new school year. We also have a birthday in our house today so we are working to make her feel special.

Tomorrow we will have our first field trip. We are all excited to go since we are joining some families that go to our church and/or live in our town. The oldest two are especially glad that these families have some kids their age.

I spent some time this weekend with a Diet Soda, my laptop and all of our materials spread out on the dining table while I got organized. It felt to good to have my hands on everything and to get familiar with everything again. I listed out my goals for each child for this year and filled in what we will be using to accomplish those goals.

I also won a $25 giftcard to Borders last week and it came in the mail on Friday so I can't wait to head over there and pick out some fun books. I just love book stores. Between the stores and the library I could be kept happy for a very long time.

Happy September everyone!

1 comment:

Pam said...

That's funny that you should say that. I was just in a bookstore with Peter last week and said, "I could live here, couldn't you?" He agreed. Of course, that particular bookstore happened to have a Starbucks attached...!