I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday Randomness

First things first. We received our first Alice order and it made me oh so happy. As the box says on the side "Everyone needs an Alice" and this girl does. I have a new best friend and she brings household goods to my front door. I still get a little giddy what with all of the convenience.


Secondly, this slightly Mallory-at-heart had to catch my breath when youngest daughter came down one morning. Nightgown, athletic socks and dress shoes? Oh where did I go wrong?


Last week was hair week. Each time we do her hair I get better at cornrowing. I'm still not great at it but when she went to the mirror this time I was gifted with a really big smile so I know I'm getting there.


Last weekend I also tackled something new. I have been working on a creative outlet time for the kids in the afternoons ( a homeschooling post I'm working on). I decided that I should jump on board. My sister-in-law came over and spent some time with me last weekend showing me how to make my own dishcloths. These dishclothes are my absolute favorite and she has made them for me throughout the years. It was high time I learned how to do it myself.

Not too bad, eh? Halfway through, Steve sat down and whipped one out while I worked on the last half of mine. He's been doing it much longer than I have and is more comfortable making them so far. The outside color is navy but it came out looking even darker in the picture.
We are the thick of holiday and gift planning and I think I am about 1/3 of the way done. How about you?

No comments: