I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The fall is coming

** Scroll down a few posts to see some really cute kids at the pumpkin patch**


I love the fall. It feels safe. It's a time heavy with emotion for me but I have always loved this season the most. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, the trees are gorgeous and it feels like the fall gives everyone permission to slow down. Living in the Northwest the rain comes without fail but it's a promise to me of green yet to come. It's harvest time, the barns are filling from the work of the summer and there is comfort in the full pantrys.

I feel like I can settle in, have a hot drink, curl up in my chair and watch it rain. When it rains you can't go outside and play (except for the occasional football game with the kids in the rain) or do outside chores. We stay at home more and that is comforting to me.

The older I get, the more of a homebody I become.

I think I'm getting old or at least older...and I'm ok with that.

No comments: